To borrow a famous phrase, winter is coming. It’s that time of the year when parts of the world get covered with a sheet of snow. Now, if you’re situated in Mumbai, or any part of South India, the concept of snow is alien to us. But for others, you know just how beautiful everything can look, when the orange autumn colours are replaced with the white of the snow.
So we scouted the world and brought you photos of famous places under the veil of snow. So while you’re busy preparing your flight tickets, take a look at these wonders.
1. The Eiffel tower as seen covered in a fleet of snow
2. The Great wall of China, caked with snow
3. It doesn’t often snow in Istanbul, but when it does, it just makes everything even more beautiful. The Hagia Sophia mosque
4. A frozen Danube, with Hungarian parliament looming behind it in Budapest
5. The Saint Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow
6. The Colosseum in Rome looks like a remnant of a lost time covered in snow
7. The usually green and vibrant Stonehenge covered with snow and frost
Author : Sanjana Sule