Purushwadi, the best decision I ever took. Knowing very little about the place, I embarked on a journey to uncover this lesser known paradise in the immediate vicinity of Mumbai. The closer I got to Purushwadi, the fonder I grew of this hidden treasure. Unadulterated by the outside world, it still breaths fresh. If you have a short weekend at hand, then Purushwadi is the place for you. There is so much about the place to tell, that I have a blog, and a video blog, to better explain the beautiful times I've had there. Come, as I take you through this little world of wonder.
1. Purushwadi- It welcomes you with its greenery, it's so beautiful that you will fall in love at first sight.
2. Life is not easy here, but it's definitely ten times better than what we live in cities
3. Walking on concrete roads < walking through rice fields. That's my Guide leading me (to) Home (stay)
4. That's the Swaggers' march.
5. That's Ramesh's House, and that's where we stayed with the family.
6. And when such a view greets you as you open the door, who would complain?
7. That's Meera, Ramesh's wife. She's got magic in her hands, her food tasted love.
8. In Purushwadi, your washbasin walks up to you.
9. Food cooked in choolahs - The best!
10. Trekking Tip - Courtesy : The Guide.
When you lose grip, slant your feet.
11. On our way back, it grew dark, but Purushwadi glazed in its glory!
12. That's how Purushwadi looks at about 6 in the morning when God's artistry is at work.
13. That's a farmer's guide to the climatic conditions of Purushwadi.
14. Blacksmiths trying to get things back in shape
15. Did you know? People in Purushwadi fill a plastic bag with water, and drop a coin in it, and hang it at the entrance. So the flies, mosquitoes and their friends, dread to enter.
Time to put our mosquito bats down, and hang one of these at our doors.
16. When the village tour tires you enough, this clean running river will soothe your nerves.
17. At the riverside, I made new friends.
18. These are made out of dried grass, handmade with love.
Photographer: Jomy Joseph Thomas (Instagram Handle- joms7777)
A photo story by Leeba Thomas