Dubai has reopened its doors to tourists after almost 4 months despite the ongoing pandemic. Visitors are allowed to enter the city subject to their departure city airports being operational. From your arrival at the airport to your departure, Dubai city is following all necessary guideline and measures to ensure a safe trip for its visitors.
Travel guidelines to follow in Dubai during the COVID-19 pandemic
- A valid Dubai tourist visa.
- It is advisable to have an International Medical travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment.
- If you do not have medical insurance you are required to sign a declaration form owing to bear the cost of treatment and quarantine on your own and also fill the Health Declaration Form to ensure you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Tourists can take a PCR test up to 4 days (96 hours) prior to their travel date or carry out a PCR test on arrival at the Dubai airport.
- You must download the COVID-19 DXB app and register their details.
- Airlines have the rights to deny travel if you show any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Temperature check with thermal screening devices will be carried out at the airport.
- You may be asked to take a PCR test again even if you tested negative before departure if you show any symptoms on arrival.
- For those that test positive will have to be on 14 days quarantine and undergo necessary medical treatment and bear the cost of the same.
Precautionary measures taken in Dubai for a safer stay
- It is compulsory for everyone to wear a mask at all times, maintain a minimum 2m social distance and sanitize your hands from time to time.
- Wearing masks is mandatory when moving out of the house.
- Hotels, restaurant, malls and many entertainment attractions are open and are regularly disinfected.
- Temperature checks are carried out at airports, malls, hotels, restaurants etc.
- Public transports are extensively cleaned and sanitized. Passengers are required to maintain physical distance.
- Taxis are disinfected after each use and drivers wear masks and gloves. There is also an isolator between the driver and passenger.
- Beaches are open with maintaining 2m distance between people and 4m distance between each group of people.
Information courtesy: visitdubai.com