You heard it right, Thailand visa is now free. Starting 1st March, the Thai government has announced a temporary exemption of visa fee to 20 countries including India.
- 1. From 1st March to 31st August 2017, there will be no visa fee applicable on Thailand visa for Indians holding a proper passport and supporting documents as required by the embassy.
- 2. This fee exemption is only applicable for Single Entry Thailand Visa.
- 3. A nominal amount of processing fee will be charged by your service provider.
- 4. Further, this rule is only applicable for Thailand tourist visa.
- 5. Documents required for getting a Thailand visa
- Confirmed return air ticket with trip itinerary
- Visa application form, duly filled and signed
- 3 recent passport-size photographs
- Bank statements for the last 3 months reflecting a minimum balance of Rs 45,000, that has been attested by a bank official, or a photocopy of international credit card
- Hotel confirmation letter mentioning the applicant's name, number, full address and stay duration
- 6. Visa on Arrival fee is reduced by 50%.
- 7. The initial fee of 2000 Baht is reduced to 1000 Baht for Thailand Visa on Arrival. This means that getting a Thailand visa before hand works out to be way cheaper.
- 8. These rules are applicable for nationals from Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China including Taiwan, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Now that the Thai embassy has waived off the visa fees, we have made the visa application process hassle-free for you. Check out the easiest way to get a Thailand visa.
Thailand Travel Guide
From the heart of beaches, life spills out on the vibrant streets of Thailand. From a sudden galore of parties and shopping, you are smoothly ushered into a culture of radiant temples and intriguing monks. Thailand is a place where you can enjoy the temples and tropical beaches in the daylight, while you can party in the moonlight. Apart from partying, relaxing at the serene beaches and indulging in luxuriant Thai massages, no Thailand holiday is complete without shopping. From small handicraft stalls to mega multi-storeyed shopping malls, you will find it all here!
Check out our other visas and exclusive flight offers meant just for you. Save now and splurge later!
Author: Winnie Karnik