Sri Lanka, an island country, abundant in wildlife, adorned with beautiful beaches, and tropical forests with diverse landscapes, defines an ideal package that one would go for. Difficult to ignore this beautiful island? Then, get your Sri Lanka visa to explore this exotic haven.
Sri Lanka visa fees starts from Rs 1800. Here are some useful tips and guidelines that will help you apply for your 30 days Sri Lanka tourist visa accurately, and avoid the risk of the application getting rejected.
3 easy steps to apply for a Sri Lanka visa:
1. Apply Sri Lanka visa online. Fill in the required details and make the payment online.
2. Upload your documents.
3. Get your Sri Lanka visa in your inbox.
All this happens smoothly and efficiently in just 24 - 48 hours, provided your documents are sorted.
Documents required for Sri Lanka visa
1. Original passport valid for at least 3 months after departure, with a minimum of two blank pages.
2. Scanned copy of the first and last page of your passport.
5 Essential things to know about Sri Lanka visa
1. You can apply for a Sri Lanka visa before booking your flight ticket.
2. Your Sri Lanka visa is valid for six months. You cannot apply for a new visa unless the existing one expires. However, if you lose your passport during this period, a new visa has to be obtained by paying the relevant fee again.
3. Tourist visa applies for holidaying, sightseeing, visiting friends and relatives, participating in sporting events, competitions and activities relating to cultural performance and medical treatment including Ayurveda and yoga.
4. If you wish to stay for more than 30 days in Sri Lanka, you can apply for an extension to the Visa Section of the Department of Immigration.
5. While filling the application, make sure you enter the correct details. The fee is non-refundable. If you make an error in the form, you will have to submit a fresh application and pay the relevant fee again.
Author : Vijaylaxmi Thakur