While applying for a UK Visa, one must keep in mind which type of Visa should be applied for, depending on his or her duration of visit: while a single entry visa costs Rs 12,800 per person, it allows the person up to 6 months of stay.
For instant UK visa assistance, call us at 022 4164 2214 or fill in your details.
UK Visa Details
|UK Visa Type
|Single entry/Multiple entry (up to 6 months)
|Long term multiple entry – 2 years
|Long term multiple entry – 5 years
|Long term multiple entry – 10 years
- We do not provide a UK work visa.
- While applying for a UK visa, one must keep in mind to apply well in advance as it facilitates in arranging an appointment. Once that is underway, the applicant has to visit the application centre personally for submission, collection and Bio metrics (finger prints and facial photograph).
UK Visa price includes
- Consulate application fees
- Musafir.com India service fees
- All taxes
- Assistance in filling visa form online and visa fee payment online and the documents checklist
- The visa application process involves getting an appointment from the consulate depending on the availability. On the day of the appointment, the applicant has to carry all the original documents for submission and for the biometrics.
- Post the appointment, it usually takes 14 working days for the consulate to process the visa.
- The visa copy will be attached to your passport.
Documents required for UK Visa application:
- Original passport and old passports, if any
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of exit from the UK, with a minimum of three blank pages (Damaged passports are not acceptable)
- Confirmed return air tickets
- The visa application form is duly filled (online) and signed by the applicant, under the guidance of our travel experts
- 2 recent passport-size colour photographs taken against a pure white background with matte-finish (size 35 mm x 45 mm and 60% - 80% face close-up) (UK Visa Photo Requirements)
Note: Photographs should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled, and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
- Travel history of last 10 years
- Covering letter mentioning details of travel, details of the traveller, passport details, accompanying details, the purpose of visit, and duration of stay. The letter should be duly signed by the authorized signatory with the request for a grant of visa and addressed to the Visa Officer, British Deputy High Commission, Delhi, Mumbai & Chennai.
- Income Tax Returns of the last 3 years
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions for the last 6 months, duly attested and signed by a bank official on every page.
(Note: Bank balance should be equivalent to tour cost)
- Proof of investments - Mutual funds, fixed deposits, LIC policies, national saving certificates, stocks & shares, etc
- Hotel confirmation details
If the applicant is employed:
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- Certificate of registration of the company / Certificate of Incorporation (MOA / Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership etc)
(Note: If the registration is in the local language, then it must be translated in English on Rs 100 Stamp Paper)
- Covering letter on the company letterhead and financial documents
- Business / Company’s income tax returns for last 3 years
- Updated current account statements for the last 6 months, duly attested and signed by a bank official on every page
If the applicant is Invited:
- Invitation letter addressed to Visa Officer, British Deputy High Commission, Delhi (Mentioning purpose of travel, travel dates, passport details)
- Passport & visa copy of the Invitee
- Address proof (Utility bill or tenancy agreement)
If the applicant is a Student:
- Original NOC letter from school/college with ID card copy
- Original NOC letter from parents, Income Tax Returns and Bank statements
Note: If the applicant's place of collection of documents is a place other than Mumbai, an additional fee for courier charges will apply.
To know more, call our travel expert at 022 4164 2214 or email us at email@example.com
UK Visa FAQs
How to get UK visa for Indians?
To visit UK as a tourist or for business purposes, Indian citizens require a UK visa. Based on the purpose and duration of your visit, you will have to opt for a UK visa type. Indian passport holders travelling to the United Kingdom for tourism purposes can apply for UK visa online or consult visa experts.
What is the passport validity for obtaining UK visa?
To apply for a UK visa, Indians require a passport with minimum 6 months validity.
What are the different types of UK visa?
Based on the purpose of your travel to UK, you can opt for the one of the following types of UK visa
• Tourist visa - A UK tourist or visitor visa is given to those who want to travel to UK for a holiday or visit family and friends. Visitor visa can also be obtained by people who want to visit for medical treatments.
• Business Visa - A UK business visa is given to travelers who visit for business or research related work in UK.
• Transit Visa – UK transit visa is applicable for travelers who pass UK on their way to another destination.
What are the charges for UK visa?
UK visa can be obtained at a nominal fee of just Rs 12,800.
How to apply for UK visa online?
To apply for your UK visa online (add link), make the payment online, get expert assistance from our visa processing team and share the required documents.
How many days prior to the date of my travel can I apply for a UK Visa?
UK Tourist visa can be applied a maximum 1 month prior to the date of your travel.
What is the UK visa fees?
UK Tourist visa can be obtained at a cost of just Rs 12,800.
What if I don’t receive my UK visa on time?
Reach out to our UK visa experts if you do not receive your visa on time. Our experts will connect with the Consulate and investigate the reason for the delay and update you.
Does the visa fee vary for different UK types?
Yes. The fee depends on the type of visa and the duration that you select. A long-term UK visa will cost you Rs 41,430 with 2 years of validity. A 10-year UK visa will cost Rs 90,675.
UK visa interview
Once our visa processing team verifies and submits your relevant documents, an interview will be scheduled at the UK Consulate. The interview is the final stage of processing, where the interviewing officer verifies the documents and asks the applicant certain questions that are related to his travel and purpose of stay in UK.
What is the purpose of your visit?
Stay calm and composed. Reply to the questions as directly as you can. Mention the purpose of your visit and the destinations in UK you will be visiting during your stay.
Who is covering the expenses of this trip?
If your trip is being funded by someone else, mention the details. If you are managing the expenses, provide the relevant information to the officer.
Other common UK visa interview questions
• What is the duration of your stay?
• Do you know someone in UK?
• Where will you be staying?
• What is the date of your travel and itinerary?
• Where do you live in India?
• When was your last international trip?
• Do you have a leave letter from your current employer?
• For how long have you been working in this company?
• Do you have your Income tax documents?
Here's the easiest and fastest way to get your Visa from Musafir.com. Be rest assured, and apply your visa online. Get detailed information on the process.
- Consulate Contact Details
British Deputy High Commission
1A, Ho Chi Minh Sarani,
Beside Metro Plaza Mall,
West Bengal 700071
Phone: 033 2288 5172
Why choose Musafir.com for your UK visa?
- UK visa starting from Rs 12,800
- Get your UK visa in just 14 working days
- Apply for online visa from the comfort of your home
- Trusted visa agent with more than 12 years of experience in processing more than 1 million visas
- End-to-end visa solutions provided
- Visa application supervised and processed by visa experts
- Highest chances of visa approval with Musafir expertise
- Transparency and hassle-free experience guaranteed
Express Visa Terms and Conditions
- Applications accepted only for visit visa.
- Applicant should have travelled without difficulty in the last five years to any of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or a Schengen country.
- The express visa charges have to be paid directly during the time of biometrics.
Looking for a visa to visit a different country?