The recently opened ALIVE Museum in Singapore is popularly becoming a hot-spot for locals and international visitors. Featuring more than 50-60 3-D paintings and art-work, this interactive museum is an excellent place to get yourself clicked in action with the best shots and scenes! Float on a paper boat, put on a giant pair of angel wings or lie secure in the strong arms of Superman as part of the immersive experience. So hop in the frame and become a part of a masterpiece to create lifelong memories with family and friends.
Tips & tricks to get the best of ALIVE Museum
1. Avoid peak hours: We strongly recommend you to visit ALIVE Museum during off-peak hours like mornings or early afternoons. Avoid weekends. Due to high footfall, you might have to wait longer to get yourself clicked with every masterpiece. On that note, do be considerate and don't hog the exhibit for that perfect shot, especially if you are travelling in a big group. However, if you land up during the peak hours, start clicking photographs where the queue is small to avoid last minute rush.
2. Photo point icons: To ensure best photo shots and angles with a masterpiece, look out for Photo Point stickers. If you are confused about how to pose, check out the reference image pasted right next to the masterpiece which will provide you with different ideas to get clicked. You can also ask the ALIVE Museum staff for assistance as most of them are quite young and will suggest the wackiest of poses!
3. Take multiple shots: To have a good collection of photographs, it is best to have multiple photographs clicked in different poses with single masterpiece. Forget about your standard photo pose with the peace sign. This is about getting as wacky as possible. However, you can only do it when you have more than 2 hours in hand!
4. Travel light: Make sure that you are travelling with minimum hand luggage like backpacks or handbags. If you have too many things to handle than you have to unload them before every photo shot which will consume more time and also create problems for other visitors. Make sure to leave your tripods and selfie sticks at the hotel as you won’t really need them here.
5.Make use of free Wi-Fi: ALIVE Museum provides free Wi-Fi access to all the visitors. As most of us love to update our social handles during our holidays, this is the best way to make your friends jealous and rave about the fun you are having in Singapore.
6. Word of advice: Ladies, don’t go in there with a skirt because you’ll have to lie down on the floor for some of the shots! Also, beware of the mirror flooring at few masterpieces.
Take your time to explore and find the best photo opportunity and more importantly have lots of fun.
Location: ALIVE Museum is located right inside the popular Suntec City Mall (Tower 3 & 4). So be it for leisure or business, you will definitely cross this mall during your visit to Singapore. So why not give a try and get the best of moments with your dear ones!
How to reach ALIVE Museum: You can reach ALIVE Museum by taxi from any corner of Singapore city as it is located right in the heart of downtown area. You can also take a MRT and the nearest station is Promenade MRT Station (Take Exit C).
Ticket Prices: SGD 25 (Adults), SGD 20 (Children 3-12 yrs)
Opening Hours: Open daily from 10am to 10pm (last admission at 9pm). Fridays and Saturdays – open from 10am to 11pm (last admission at 10pm).
Estimated duration of visit: 1.5 to 2 hours
Author: Anita Jain