Singapore is one of the most loved cities among Indian travellers. Being one of the most prosperous nations, Singapore attracts hosts of tourists from around the world. This sunny, tropical island located in Southeast Asia has state-of-the-art infrastructure to inspire awe, clean parks, luxurious hotels, and a host of other experiences for thrill. If you are planning to visit this clean city in the upcoming months, then this comprehensive guide on how to apply for a Singapore Visa is all you need.
If you need clarification about how to get your Singapore Visa, then we are here to help you out. With Musafir.com, you can apply for a Singapore visa online hassle-free by following our comprehensive guide:
You can apply for your Singapore visa for Indians starting from Rs 2,700 and receive it in 5 - 6 working days.
Singapore Visa Type and Fees:
Musafir, an efficient visa services provider, offers Singapore visas to Indian tourists at affordable pricing, starting from Rs 2,700, with hassle-free documentation. Your Singapore trip and travel hassles will be taken care of by our visa experts.
Singapore Visa fee includes:
- Consulate application fees
- Musafir.com India service fees
- All taxes
|Singapore Visa Types
|Visa on arrival for Indians
|5 - 6 working days
|Type of Visa
Get your Singapore visa effortlessly from anywhere in India:
Singapore Business Visa
Since Singapore is a financial hub from a global perspective, many entrepreneurs and business tycoons visit the country for business purposes. A Singapore visa is required for the same; this visa is different from the regular Singapore tourist visa. If you want to establish your business or company in Singapore, the country welcomes you to do so by granting you a Singapore business visa. The validity of this type of visa is for a year long. However, there are certain aspects including rules and regulations associated with this type of visa.
Why choose us? Because Musafir makes it happen!
- Worldwide Visa services
- 15+ Years of Expertise in Online Visa Processing
- 1 Million+ Visa Processed
- End-to-End Online Visa Assistance
- Pick up & Drop of Documents
- Your Safety, Our Priority
Apply for a Singapore Visa in 3 easy steps
Your Singapore tour begins with a simple process. To get you a step closer to your dream of travelling to Singapore, we have made the Singapore visa application process for Indian citizens quick and easy.
You don’t have to visit us at our office and go through the tedious paperwork unnecessarily. With Musafir.com, you can apply for a Singapore Visa via a smooth and hassle-free 3 step online application process.
Our visa experts have many years of experience, and we will help and assist you with your Singapore Visa online application. You will get your visa in 7 working days.
Follow these simple steps to get your Singapore visa:
- Step 1: Get in touch with our Visa Expert with your Singapore travel details. Understand the visa information and document requirements.
- Step 2: Pay your Singapore visa fees. Attach your documents by sending them via WhatsApp or email.
- Step 3: Instant document verification by our visa experts and visa processing.
- Final Step: After authentication and approval, you will receive a Singapore Visa in under 7 working days.
Singapore Visa and Visit Requirements
Effortlessly process your Singapore visa online through Musafir.com. Get your Singapore visa with us in 7 working days. With minimal documentation and affordable fees, Musafir helps you embark on your journey trouble-free.
The documents required to get a Singapore Visa:
Singapore Tourist visa:
- Original passport and old passports, if any
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of return in India, with a minimum of two blank pages
- Confirmed return air tickets and hotel booking
- Visa application form duly filled by the applicant with blue or black ink pen (including sign)
- 2 recent passport-size colour photographs taken against a white background with matte-finish without specs and sunglasses (size 35 mm x 45 mm and 80% face close-up) (Sample Singapore visa photo size)
- Original covering letter from the applicant stating the applicant’s name, designation, passport details, stay details in Singapore, employment details, mobile number, email ID with all travel details of persons travelling together, with purpose and duration of visit.
The letter must be filled and signed with a black pen
- Address proof is required if the address is different from the passport (E.g. Telephone /Electricity /Mobile bill/Society letter/Rent agreement (Any one documents required)
- Financial papers are required if travelling first time (E.g. Bank statement for the last Three Months / Last Three years Tax papers etc. (Any One documents required)
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions of the last 6 months, with the applicant's name, account no., bank seal and sign on the last page and with a minimum balance of Rs 50,000 rupees per applicant
- Mandatory travel insurance with minimum coverage of SGD 30000/-
Singapore Business visa:
- Original covering letter from Indian company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore Consulate'.
- Invitation letter from overseas company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore Consulate'.
If the applicant is employed:
- Salary slips for the last 3 months
- Company ID card copy
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- Certificate of registration of the company / Certificate of Incorporation (MOA / Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership deed, etc)
- Covering letter on the company letterhead and financial documents
If the applicant is Sponsored:
- Proof of sponsorship and/or information on the Invitation
- If the trip is sponsored by father/mother/guardian or any person other than the applicant who is travelling, written consent certified by public notary of the parents or guardian or the person sponsoring the trip
If the applicant is Invited:
- Invitation letter
- V39 form
- Passport copy of the Invitee
- Fin card copy
If the applicant’s passport is issued from the state under a different location of jurisdiction and if the visa applicant is staying for more than 6 months in Delhi, Chennai, or Bangalore, then the following government address proofs:
- Lease & License Agreement
- Residential address with the letterhead of the company.
If the wife and child travelling alone:
- If a minor is traveling with a single parent then an NOC from the other parent is essential.
- If a minor is traveling with relatives then an NOC from both the parents is required.
- Bank statements of parents in case of minors are required
- The student Identity card of the minor is also essential.
- If the applicant's place of collection and dropping off documents is within Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 700 will be applicable. If the applicant's place for dropping off documents is other than Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 800 will be applicable on Singapore tourist visa fees.
- Visa fee once paid to Musafir com India Pvt Ltd is non-refundable irrespective of whether the visa is delayed
or approved or rejected
- We do not undertake any guarantee of visa approval
- Processing time is between 5 - 6 working days, however, a decision on your application can come earlier or
be delayed due to reasons from the Singapore immigration office.
- Visa approval is at the sole discretion of the immigration officials and Musafir.com India Pvt Ltd is not liable
for any delays or rejection of applications.
Your Singapore Travel Checklist:
Singapore has a lot to offer to tourists coming from India. if you want to have a memorable experience throughout the trip, make sure to follow the following travel checklist:
Make sure to show a valid India passport with 6 months of validity.
- Valid Singapore Visa to showcase the immigration officer.
- Travel or medical insurance + COVID insurance if required.
- Contact details of your friend, relative, or business associate in Singapore;
- Confirmed hotel booking in Singapore is required.
- Singapore’s currency or any other forex is essential.
- Additional documents that are vital for visiting proof required by the immigration office.
- If travelling for business then a visa for business is vital.
To ensure smooth arrival in Singapore, ensure:
- The Singapore immigration system is very hassle-free. Upon landing at the airport, display your travel documents such as passport, valid Singapore visa, confirmed return ticket back to India, and confirmed hotel bookings in Singapore.
- Make sure that you have other documents that might be required by the immigration officer for a quick check.
- Visit the airport's information desk or tourist services to gather maps, brochures, and essential information about your destination.
- Get yourself comfortable with local safety guidelines and regulations.
- If you are a minor, make sure you contact a flight attendant for your safety. Also, make sure to recognise the adult or the pick-up at the airport. And do not hesitate to ask for any kind of help from the airline staff immediately.
Musafir’s Singapore Travel Guide
Singapore is an island city-state that has evolved from a fishing village to a global economic powerhouse and has become one of the most sought-after tourist destinations from around the world. Singapore embodies the true spirit of modern and progressive Asia, setting standards of efficiency on the world stage.
A rich cultural history makes Singapore one of the most diverse countries in Asia. Its populace is woven with ethnic communities such as Chinese, Malay, Indian, and Peranakan. An evening walk through neighbourhoods like Chinatown, Little India, and Kampong Glam, you will find historical landmarks, temples, mosques, and buzzing markets that glimpse the country's diverse cultural heritage. This diverse mix of culture and race makes Singapore a unique and fascinating place for Indians and other tourists from across the world.
You can visit this tropical island and to your delight, you will find yourself mesmerized by the beautiful locations and sceneries. If you visit Singapore with your family, then a thrill filled with surprises, luxuries, and posh shopping malls is waiting for you. Get your Singapore visa with us to marvel at its beauty.
Singapore is a small island country and attracts more than 10 million visitors from around the globe, each year! Singapore has a truly amazing skyline and being an architectural marvel it has historic colonial buildings situated in the Civic District, juxtaposed against Marina Bay Sands. Also, the beautiful Helix Bridge and the futuristic Gardens by the Bay raise the city's reputation of having one of the best global architectural standards.
So If you are looking forward to visiting Singapore in the coming months and don’t know how to apply for a Singapore visa online, then we can help you out with our seamless Singapore visa application process.
Tourist Attractions in Singapore
Getting a Singapore visa will open up doors for you that you never imagined. A host of promising experiences is calling you from awe-inspiring nightlife, massive amusement parks, and gardens to architectural marvels waiting for you to unfold themselves.
Singapore is also known as a shopper's paradise, an exclusive shopping experience for all age groups. You can see the offerings of a diverse range of retail experiences. From luxury boutiques in Orchard Road to quirky finds in Haji Lane, the shopping scene are ideal for every taste. The bustling street markets, such as Bugis Street and Chinatown's Pagoda Street, provide ideal shopping escapades.
Singapore has also been a prominent destination in the cruise tourism sector, which services many tourists as a major embarkation and disembarkation point for cruise liners in the Asia-Pacific region. This makes Singapore a prominent location for cruising.
Singapore lures people in with its ability to mix tradition with modernity, offering a unique travel experience for visitors from all around the world. Whether you want to taste local delicacies or want to explore cultural sites or marvel at the futuristic architecture, Singapore invites you to immerse yourself in a world where the past, present, and future merge into the oneness of a diverse range of experiences.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions to Visit in Singapore
• Singapore Zoo
• Singapore Night Safari
• Gardens by the Bay
• Sentosa Island
• Universal Studios
• Singapore Flyer
• Marina Bay Sands Skypark
• Merlion Park
• Singapore River Safari
• Jurong Bird Park
Reasons for Singapore Visa Rejection
If your Singapore visa application faces rejection, you can reapply or consider alternative visa avenues. We advise you to carefully examine the rejection notice, along with its reasons, and seek guidance from Singapore immigration authorities for additional insights. Feel free to reach out to us with any inquiries.
- Invalid and Damaged Passport
Your Singapore visa application is bound to be rejected if your passport is invalid or damaged
- Incomplete Application Form
Incomplete Singapore visa application forms such as columns left unwritten, and a missing signature can lead to a refusal.
- Errors in the application form
Your Singapore visa application can be rejected due to typo errors and personal information being missing.
- In possession of a valid Singapore Visa
Your visa application will be rejected if you have a Singapore visa that is valid and not yet expired. In cases like this, your current visa needs to be expired before applying again. The Singapore visa is only issued to fresh applicants.
- Documents submitted are incomplete
Failing to submit all the supporting Singapore visa online documents will result in your visa being rejected.
- The intent of returning to the home country is not justified
If by any means you insinuate to the visa officer that your intention of returning to your home country is dismal, then your visa application is likely going to be rejected. Proof of return such as having strong family ties, businesses, or immovable property, will prove that you will leave Singapore at the end of the visit.
- Insufficient bank balance
Having an insufficient bank balance in the bank statement as proof to the Singapore immigration authorities will result in your visa application being rejected.
- Criminal history or pending charges
Any criminal charges are levied against you during your previous visit, or if you overstayed your previous visit, your Singapore visa online application will get rejected.
Singapore tour packages
Discover Singapore with Musafir. Take a look at our Singapore tour package and book your Singapore holiday with us.
From Rs 30,599
From Rs 33,099
Singapore Visa Video
Singapore can surprise you in unusually brilliant ways. Defined by style and panache, a visit to Singapore should definitely be on your travel list. All you need is a Singapore visa and a plan. Apply for your Singapore visa with Musafir.com and get ready for a holiday like never before.
Singapore Visa FAQ
Why do you need a visa to visit Singapore?
Indians visiting Singapore must apply for a Singapore visa before travelling. Obtaining a travel visa means that you are visiting Singapore only for tourism purposes and cannot engage in any other business activity during this period. After the provided period is over, the guest needs to exit the country.
What is the validity of my Singapore visa?
A Singapore tourist visa is valid for a period of 30 days. Once the visa expires, tourists must exit the country as per the immigration rules.
What are the Singapore visa requirements?
The traveller is required to submit the below-listed documents to apply for a Singapore visa:
1) Confirmed return air ticket with the tour itinerary,
2) Original passport,
3) Singapore visa application form duly filled and signed,
4) 2 passport-size photographs of each visitor taken against a white background with a matte finish (),
5) Covering letter of the applicant,
6) Bank statement reflecting transactions of last 6 months duly attested by a bank official.
What are the additional documents required to apply for a business visa?
Additional documents required for business visa:
1) Original covering letter from Indian company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore consulate',
2) Invitation letter from overseas company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore consulate'.
What are the different types of Singapore Visa?
There are 2 different types of Singapore Visa:
1) Tourist Visa
i) This visa is recommended for leisure trips, visits to relatives and/or friends place, technological or scientific conferences, seminars or meetings (services provided must not be paid by organizations/corporations in Singapore, except reimbursement for expenses or per day allowances)
ii) Tourist visa holders are not allowed to engage in any paid activity in Singapore
iii) The visa processing time is between 5 - 6 working days (excluding Saturdays & Sundays)
2) Business Visa
Business visa is recommended for commercial trips and is issued for a specific period of time, i.e. the purpose of your trip is to enter Singapore for a temporary business visit.
What are the photo requirements for Singapore visa online?
How do I apply for a Singapore visa for more than 5 travellers?
All group visa requests can be mailed to Musafir.com at email@example.com and we will revert to you within 24 hours. Alternately, you can also call us at 022 4164 2214 with all the passenger details. While sending us the group visa query, kindly include the maximum information about your travel. Example: Number of adults and children travelling, date of travel (arrival and departure) and similar.
How can I apply for a multi-country visa?
You can apply for a multi-country visa by calling us on022 4164 2214 or emailing us the details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will I know the status of my Singapore visa application?
Musafir.com India will update you through an email after receiving the update from the Singapore Consulate. You can still call us on 022 4164 2214 or mail us at email@example.com to check the updates on your visa.
How will I know if my Singapore visa application was successful?
Musafir.com India will email you the status of your visa application as soon as we get an update from the Singapore Consulate.
Please note: Musafir.com India cannot guarantee a successful visa application. It is subject to the respective government rules and regulations.
How will I receive my Singapore visa?
Singapore visa is in the form of paper visa and will be sent to you once we receive the same from Singapore Consulate.
How do I cancel my Singapore visa application?
Once you have submitted your application for Singapore visa & made the payment, it cannot be cancelled.
Can I amend/modify my Singapore visa application after payment?
We do not allow any changes/amendments or any kind of modifications to submitted Singapore visa applications. Moreover, Singapore visa application charges are non-refundable.
How can I apply for a Singapore visa for Indians?
Indian citizens require a visit to visit Singapore. A Singapore tourist visa is required if you wish to travel to Singapore for your next holiday. Indian passport holders travelling to Singapore for tourism purposes can apply for a Singapore visa online or get the assistance of our visa experts. To enter Singapore, Indians need a Singapore e-Visa valid for 30 days.
What should be my passport validity for obtaining a Singapore visa?
To apply for a Singapore visa, Indian citizens require a passport with 6 months validity.
Can I get a Singapore visa on arrival?
No, Singapore does have the ‘visa on arrival’ facility for Indians. A Singapore visa needs to be obtained before entering the country.
What are the visa charges for Singapore?
Singapore e-Visa can be obtained at a nominal fee of just Rs 2,700.
What is an e-Visa for Singapore?
Singapore provides electronic visa for Indians which is popularly known as e-Visa. Once the visa is approved, the e-Visa is emailed to the applicant with a unique identification number. The visa will be received in PDF format. Take a printout of this visa and carry it with you during your travel to Singapore.
How to apply for Singapore visa online?
Though Singapore provides the e-Visa facility for Indians, every applicant must submit their original passports for validation and visa processing. To apply for your Singapore visa online, make the payment online, upload the documents and the visa will be processed and delivered to you in just 4 working days.
How many days before the date of my travel can I apply for a Singapore Visa?
Singapore Tourist visa can be applied one month before your date of travel.
Do I need a Singapore visa if I have a valid US visa?
Yes. All Indian passport need to apply for a Singapore visa in advance, even if they have a valid US or UK visa.
Can I extend the Singapore Visa once it expires?
Extension of Singapore visa lies at the sole discretion of the Consulate of Singapore.
Which are the non-working days of the Singapore Embassy/Immigration department?
The immigration department and the Consulate do not function weekends and on National Holidays. Your visa will not be processed by the Singapore immigration during these days.
Is Singapore safe for women travellers?
Singapore is a welcoming city. It is a clean city that is pretty much safe for women travellers.
See how your Singapore visa will look like!
- Additional Singapore visa information
Have queries related to your Singapore visa?
Look no further! Musafir.com provides Bahrain visa assistance in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow etc.
Things to know
Singapore a sprawling Urban city, lies between the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea on the eastern tip of Malay Peninsula. Of the limited city-states, you’ll find in the world, Singapore is one of them. Singapore is such a destination that every traveller’s heart will find satisfaction. Tourists and travellers are treated like kings and queens here. You’ll feel the unique experience right from the get-go. Singapore’s Changi Airport is one of the busiest airports in Asia. The airport offers several engaging activities for kids as well as grown-ups. From a spectrum of spas, nature trails, swimming pools, amusement parks and hotels there is a horde of activities for fun, entertainment and much more. The airport is just the beginning though. All the fun and luxury you find at the airport is just a small peek into everything Singapore holds.
If you’re looking for reasons to visit Singapore, there are many. Nobody takes care of their traveller’s entertainment needs better than Singapore. For families and kids, Singapore has Universal Studios, Adventure Cove Water Park, Night Safari, Zoo, Jurong Bird Park, the list just goes on. For couples looking for some fun, the Singapore flyer is perfect. The nightlife of Singapore is something you need to experience. Singaporeans definitely know how to throw a happening party.
That’s not all, the food and culture of Singapore are so vast and varied, one can write pages on it. Singapore shows a mix of great cultures. Little India, China town, you’ll find it all here. And of course shopping! Shopping is synonymous with Singapore. There’s really nothing that Singapore can’t offer. Everything you might want and need, Singapore has it. Including things you never thought you needed!
Best time to visit Singapore: It is generally hot and humid in Singapore all year round. However, from November to early March, the weather is pleasant and it gives you a lot of scope for outdoor activities.
Location: South East Asia
Time: IST (+) 2 ½ hours
Languages Spoken: Mandarin, English and the popular Singlish
Area: 721.5 sq kms
National day: 09 Aug
Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD)
Main Airline: Singapore Airline SQ
International Airports: Changi Airport
Things to do in Singapore
• Shop at Orchard Road and Bugis street
• Enjoy the local street food and experience the unique Michelin Star restaurants
• Visit China Town & Little India
• Party at Clarke Quay
• Visit Garden by the Bay
• Stroll at Marina Bay and the Merlion park
• See a bird's eye view of the city from Singapore Flyer Ferris wheel
• Experience the Singapore Night Safari
• Enjoy at Sentosa, Universal Studios, Legoland and Hello Kitty park
Important Instructions for your Singapore Visa
• All travellers visiting Singapore are required to obtain a Singapore visa before travelling.
• The Singapore tourist visa will be valid for a duration of 30 days.
• Overstay cases in Singapore face legal actions as per the immigration laws
• Travellers with a history of overstay may not easily obtain a Singapore visa
Latest attractions in Singapore in 2020
• Jewel of Changi
• Jurong Lakeside Garden
• Design Orchard, an open-design mall that houses 60-home grown brands
• Floral Fantasy at Gardens by The Bay, a whimsical dreamland made of nature and technology.
• NERF Action Experience, a zombie shooting arena
• The Bicentennial Experience with Indoor Rain Room
• K.Star Suntec - 23 different themes of karaoke rooms with VR games
• Hi Roller, Singapore's largest indoor roller skating rink with music and disco lights
• Obstacle course, AR games and more at Kiztopia
• Coast-to-Coast Trail, a 36 km walking trail across Singapore
Singapore Facts & Figures
• Singapore is home to the world’s first night zoo - Singapore night safari
• It has the world’s largest man-made indoor waterfall – The Jewel of Changi
• The locals use more of Singlish than English in Singapore
• The F1 Night Race is held annually in Singapore
• There’s always something to celebrate in Singapore
Singapore Emergency Numbers
• Singapore police hotline 1800 255 0000
• Fire – 1800 280 0000
Travel rules to follow in Singapore
• Do not eat in public trains or buses in Singapore. Eating is prohibited in public transports. If caught, you will be heavily fined.
• Be sensitive and respectful towards Singapore’s multi-cultural existence.
• Dress appropriately while visiting religious places in Singapore
• You can smoke only at the designated smoking areas in Singapore
• Chewing gum is banned in Singapore and may lead to heavy fines.
Why choose Musafir.com for your Singapore visa?
- Singapore visa starting from Rs 2,700
- Get your Singapore visa in 5 - 6 working days
- Apply for an Singapore visa online from the comfort of your home
- Trusted visa agent with more than 12 years of experience in processing more than 1 million visas
- End-to-end visa solutions provided
- Visa application supervised and processed by visa experts
- Highest chances of visa approval with Musafir expertise
- Transparency and hassle-free experience guaranteed
Consulate Contact Details
Singapore High Commission of India
E-6 Chandragupta Marg
Website URL: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/newdelhi
Singapore Consulate India
17-A North Boag Road
Phone: +91-44-2815-8207 or +91-44-2815-8208
Website URL: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/chennai
Singapore Consulate India
152, 14th Floor, Maker Chambers IV
222, Jamnalal Bajaj Road
Phone: +91-22-2204-3205 or +91-22-2204-3209
Website URL: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/mumbai
Singapore Visa Terms and Conditions
To know more, call our travel expert at 022 4164 2214 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a visa to visit a different country?
Musafir.com - Customer Reviews
Entire process of visa application was made easy by Musafir team. They were really patient with endless queries of mine & answered all the doubts in detail. Will consider them again whenever I plan my next trip.
I applied for a Singapore visa from Musafir, although I was a little apprehensive about their claims made on the website. However, they made sure that all of their promises were kept & that someone was on the other end of the phone to help us if we had any questions.