Singapore is one of the most loved travel destinations for Indians. To visit Singapore for your next holiday, you need to apply for a Singapore visa. The visa for Singapore is valid for 30 days and has a single-entry permit. However, based on your purpose of visit, you can apply for a Singapore tourist visa or a Singapore business visa. The 3-step visa application process is simple - Pay online, share your passport and required documents and we will get your visa processed.
You can apply for your Singapore visa for Indians starting from Rs 2,599 and receive it in 7 working days.
Types of Singapore visa
The purpose of your visit, the duration of your stay and your place of residence will decide the types of Singapore visa you are required to opt for. The Singapore tourist visa for Indians is usually valid for 30 days.
|Singapore Visa Types
|Visa on arrival for Indians
||5 working days
|Type of Visa
Singapore Business Visa
Since Singapore is a financial hub from a global perspective, many entrepreneurs and business tycoons visit the country for business purposes. A Singapore visa is required for the same; this visa is different from the regular Singapore tourist visa. If you want to establish your business or company in Singapore, the country welcomes you to do so by granting you a Singapore business visa. The validity of this type of visa is for a year long. However, there are certain aspects including rules and regulations associated with this type of visa.
Singapore Visa Fees
Your Singapore tourist visa fees include
- Consulate application fees
- Musafir.com India service fees
- All taxes
Note: *An additional service charge is applicable.
Singapore Visa Application Process
- Apply & Pay Online
- Share your documents
- Get your Singapore visa
Documents for Singapore Visa application
- Original passport and old passports, if any
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of return in India, with a minimum of two blank pages
- Confirmed return air tickets and hotel booking
- Visa application form duly filled by the applicant with blue or black ink pen (including sign)
- 2 recent passport-size colour photographs taken against a white background with matte-finish (size 35 mm x 45 mm and 80% face close-up) (Sample Singapore visa photo size)
- Original covering letter mentioning Applicant Name, Passport No, Travel dates, details of persons travelling together, Stay details in Singapore, Employment details Mobile number and email ID of the applicant
The letter must be filled and signed with a black pen
- Address proof required if address different from the passport (E.g. Telephone /Electricity /Mobile bill/Society letter/Rent agreement (Any one documents required)
- Financial papers required if traveling first time (E.g. Bank statement for last Three Months / Last Three years Tax papers etc. (Any One documents require.)
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions of the last 6 months, duly attested and signed by a bank official
- Mandatory travel insurance with minimum coverage of SGD 30000/-
- If the applicant's place of collection of documents is within Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 500 will be applicable. If the applicant's place for dropping off documents is other than Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 700 will be applicable on Singapore tourist visa fees.
- Visa fee once paid to Musafir com India Pvt Ltd is non-refundable irrespective of whether the visa is delayed
or approved or rejected
- We do not undertake any guarantee of visa approval
- Processing time is between 5 working days, however, a decision on your application can come earlier or
be delayed due to reasons from the Singapore immigration office.
- Visa approval is at the sole discretion of the immigration officials and Musafir.com India Pvt Ltd is not liable
for any delays or rejection of applications.
- Original covering letter from Indian company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore Consulate'.
- Invitation letter from overseas company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore Consulate'.
If the applicant is employed:
- Salary slips for the last 3 months
- Company ID card copy
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- Certificate of registration of the company / Certificate of Incorporation (MOA / Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership deed, etc)
- Covering letter on the company letterhead and financial documents
If the applicant is Sponsored:
- Proof of sponsorship and/or information on the Invitation
- If the trip is sponsored by father/mother/guardian or any person other than the applicant who is travelling, written consent certified by public notary of the parents or guardian or the person sponsoring the trip
If the applicant is Invited:
- Invitation letter
- V39 form
- Passport copy of the Invitee
- Fin card copy
If the wife and child travelling alone:
- Then an original NOC from husband
Important Singapore visa information
- Singapore Visa rejection:
Applying for your Singapore visa is a simple process. The documentation is extremely simple. However, there are chances your Singapore visa application may get rejected due to a few reasons that like insufficient documents that should not be ignored while applying.
Singapore tour packages
Discover Singapore with Musafir. Take a look at our Singapore tour package and book your Singapore holiday with us.
From Rs 30,599
From Rs 33,099
Singapore Visa Video
Singapore can surprise you in unusually brilliant ways. Defined by style and panache, a visit to Singapore should definitely be in your travel list. All you need is a Singapore visa and a plan. Apply for your Singapore visa with Musafir.com and get ready for a holiday like never before.
Singapore Visa FAQ
- Why do you need a visa to visit Singapore?
Indians visiting Singapore must apply for a Singapore visa before travelling. Obtaining a travel visa means that you are visiting Singapore only for tourism purposes and cannot engage in any other business activity during this period. After the provided period is over, the guest needs to exit the country.
- What is the validity of my Singapore visa?
A Singapore tourist visa is valid for a period of 30 days. Once the visa expires, tourists must exit the country as per the immigration rules.
- What are the Singapore visa requirements?
The traveller requires to submit the below-listed documents to apply for a Singapore visa:
1) Confirmed return air ticket with the tour itinerary,
2) Original passport,
3) Singapore visa application form duly filled and signed,
4) 2 passport-size photographs of each visitor taken against a white background with a matte finish (),
5) Covering letter of the applicant,
6) Bank statement reflecting transactions of last 6 months duly attested by a bank official.
- What are the additional documents required to apply for a business visa?
Additional documents required for business visa:
1) Original covering letter from Indian company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore consulate',
2) Invitation letter from overseas company addressed to 'The Visa officer Singapore consulate'.
- What are the different types of Singapore Visa?
There are 2 different types of Singapore Visa:
1) Tourist Visa
i) This visa is recommended for leisure trips, visits to relatives and/or friends place, technological or scientific conferences, seminars or meetings (services provided must not be paid by organizations/corporations in Singapore, except reimbursement for expenses or per day allowances)
ii) Tourist visa holders are not allowed to engage in any paid activity in Singapore
iii) The visa processing time is between 5 - 6 working days (excluding Saturdays & Sundays)
2) Business Visa
Business visa is recommended for commercial trips and is issued for a specific period of time, i.e. the purpose of your trip is to enter Singapore for a temporary business visit.
- What are the photo requirements for Singapore visa online?
- How do I apply for a Singapore visa for more than 5 travellers?
All group visa requests can be mailed to Musafir.com at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will revert to you within 24 hours. Alternately, you can also call us at 022 4164 2214 with all the passenger details. While sending us the group visa query, kindly include maximum information about your travel. Example: Number of adults and children travelling, date of travel (arrival and departure) and similar.
- How can I apply for a multi-country visa?
You can apply for a multi-country visa by calling us on 022 4164 2214 or emailing us the details on email@example.com.
- How will I know the status of my Singapore visa application?
Musafir.com India will update you through an email after receiving the update from the Singapore Consulate. You can still call us on 022 4164 2214 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check the updates on your visa.
- How will I know if my Singapore visa application was successful?
Musafir.com India will email you the status of your visa application as soon as we get an update from the Singapore Consulate.
Please note: Musafir.com India cannot guarantee a successful visa application. It is subject to the respective government rules and regulations.
- How will I receive my Singapore visa?
Singapore visa is in the form of paper visa and will be sent to you once we receive the same from Singapore Consulate.
- How do I cancel my Singapore visa application?
Once you have submitted your application for Singapore visa & made the payment, it cannot be cancelled.
- Can I amend/modify my Singapore visa application after payment?
We do not allow any changes/amendments or any kind of modifications to submitted Singapore visa applications. Moreover, Singapore visa application charges are non-refundable.
- How can I apply for a Singapore visa for Indians?
Indian citizens require a visit to visit Singapore. A Singapore tourist visa is required if you wish to travel to Singapore for your next holiday. Indian passport holders travelling to Singapore for tourism purposes can apply for a Singapore visa online or get the assistance of our visa experts. To enter Singapore, Indians need a Singapore e-Visa valid for 30 days.
- What should be my passport validity for obtaining a Singapore visa?
To apply for a Singapore visa, Indian citizens require a passport with 6 months validity.
- Can I get a Singapore visa on arrival?
No, Singapore does have the ‘visa on arrival’ facility for Indians. A Singapore visa needs to be obtained before entering the country.
- What are the visa charges for Singapore?
Singapore e-Visa can be obtained at a nominal fee of just Rs 2,649.
- What is an e-Visa for Singapore?
Singapore provides electronic visa for Indians which is popularly known as e-Visa. Once the visa is approved, the e-Visa is emailed to the applicant with a unique identification number. The visa will be received in PDF format. Take a printout of this visa and carry it with you during your travel to Singapore.
- How to apply for Singapore visa online?
Though Singapore provides the e-Visa facility for Indians, every applicant must submit their original passports for validation and visa processing. To apply for your Singapore visa online, make the payment online, upload the documents and the visa will be processed and delivered to you in just 4 working days.
- How many days before the date of my travel can I apply for a Singapore Visa?
Singapore Tourist visa can be applied one month before your date of travel.
- Do I need a Singapore visa if I have a valid US visa?
Yes. All Indian passport need to apply for a Singapore visa in advance, even if they have a valid US or UK visa.
- Can I extend the Singapore Visa once it expires?
Extension of Singapore visa lies at the sole discretion of the Consulate of Singapore.
- Which are the non-working days of the Singapore Embassy/Immigration department?
The immigration department and the Consulate do not function weekends and on National Holidays. Your visa will not be processed by the Singapore immigration during these days.
- Is Singapore safe for women travellers?
Singapore is a welcoming city. It is a clean city that is pretty much safe for women travellers.
Singapore Travel Guide
Singapore has a lot to offer and navigating through those waters can get tricky. So here's a Singapore guide to help you out. From restaurants to adventure to nightlife, you'll find it all here. Know more about Singapore travel guide.
Things to know
- About Singapore
Singapore a sprawling Urban city, lies between the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea on the eastern tip of Malay Peninsula. Of the limited city-states, you’ll find in the world, Singapore is one of them. Singapore is such a destination that every traveller’s heart will find satisfaction. Tourists and travellers are treated like kings and queens here. You’ll feel the unique experience right from the get-go. Singapore’s Changi Airport is one of the busiest airports in Asia. The airport offers several engaging activities for kids as well as grown-ups. From a spectrum of spas, nature trails, swimming pools, amusement parks and hotels there is a horde of activities for fun, entertainment and much more. The airport is just the beginning though. All the fun and luxury you find at the airport is just a small peek into everything Singapore holds.
If you’re looking for reasons to visit Singapore, there are many. Nobody takes care of their traveller’s entertainment needs better than Singapore. For families and kids, Singapore has Universal Studios, Adventure Cove Water Park, Night Safari, Zoo, Jurong Bird Park, the list just goes on. For couples looking for some fun, the Singapore flyer is perfect. The nightlife of Singapore is something you need to experience. Singaporeans definitely know how to throw a happening party.
That’s not all, the food and culture of Singapore are so vast and varied, one can write pages on it. Singapore shows a mix of great cultures. Little India, China town, you’ll find it all here. And of course shopping! Shopping is synonymous with Singapore. There’s really nothing that Singapore can’t offer. Everything you might want and need, Singapore has it. Including things you never thought you needed!
Best time to visit Singapore: It is generally hot and humid in Singapore all year round. However, from November to early March, the weather is pleasant and it gives you a lot of scope for outdoor activities.
Location: South East Asia
Time: IST (+) 2 ½ hours
Languages Spoken: Mandarin, English and the popular Singlish
Area: 721.5 sq kms
National day: 09 Aug
Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD)
Main Airline: Singapore Airline SQ
International Airports: Changi Airport
- Things to do in Singapore
• Shop at Orchard Road and Bugis street
• Enjoy the local street food and experience the unique Michelin Star restaurants
• Visit China Town & Little India
• Party at Clarke Quay
• Visit Garden by the Bay
• Stroll at Marina Bay and the Merlion park
• See a bird's eye view of the city from Singapore Flyer Ferris wheel
• Experience the Singapore Night Safari
• Enjoy at Sentosa, Universal Studios, Legoland and Hello Kitty park
- Important Instructions for your Singapore Visa
• All travellers visiting Singapore are required to obtain a Singapore visa before travelling.
• The Singapore tourist visa will be valid for a duration of 30 days.
• Overstay cases in Singapore face legal actions as per the immigration laws
• Travellers with a history of overstay may not easily obtain a Singapore visa
- Latest attractions in Singapore in 2020
• Jewel of Changi
• Jurong Lakeside Garden
• Design Orchard, an open-design mall that houses 60-home grown brands
• Floral Fantasy at Gardens by The Bay, a whimsical dreamland made of nature and technology.
• NERF Action Experience, a zombie shooting arena
• The Bicentennial Experience with Indoor Rain Room
• K.Star Suntec - 23 different themes of karaoke rooms with VR games
• Hi Roller, Singapore's largest indoor roller skating rink with music and disco lights
• Obstacle course, AR games and more at Kiztopia
• Coast-to-Coast Trail, a 36 km walking trail across Singapore
- Singapore Facts & Figures
• Singapore is home to the world’s first night zoo - Singapore night safari
• It has the world’s largest man-made indoor waterfall – The Jewel of Changi
• The locals use more of Singlish than English in Singapore
• The F1 Night Race is held annually in Singapore
• There’s always something to celebrate in Singapore
- Singapore Emergency Numbers
• Singapore police hotline 1800 255 0000
• Fire – 1800 280 0000
- Travel rules to follow in Singapore
• Do not eat in public trains or buses in Singapore. Eating is prohibited in public transports. If caught, you will be heavily fined.
• Be sensitive and respectful towards Singapore’s multi-cultural existence.
• Dress appropriately while visiting religious places in Singapore
• You can smoke only at the designated smoking areas in Singapore
• Chewing gum is banned in Singapore and may lead to heavy fines.
Why choose Musafir.com for your Singapore visa?
- Singapore visa starting from Rs 2,599
- Get your Singapore visa in 7 working days
- Apply for an online visa from the comfort of your home
- Trusted visa agent with more than 12 years of experience in processing more than 1 million visas
- End-to-end visa solutions provided
- Visa application supervised and processed by visa experts
- Highest chances of visa approval with Musafir expertise
- Transparency and hassle-free experience guaranteed
- Consulate Contact Details
Singapore High Commission of India
E-6 Chandragupta Marg
Website URL: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/newdelhi
Singapore Consulate India
17-A North Boag Road
Phone: +91-44-2815-8207 or +91-44-2815-8208
Website URL: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/chennai
Singapore Consulate India
152, 14th Floor, Maker Chambers IV
222, Jamnalal Bajaj Road
Phone: +91-22-2204-3205 or +91-22-2204-3209
Website URL: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/mumbai
Singapore Visa Terms and Conditions
To know more, call our travel expert at 022 4164 2214 or email us at email@example.com
Looking for a visa to visit a different country?