Planning a holiday to Malaysia with your friends and family? You can now apply for a Malaysia visa for Indian citizens starting from Rs 3,799. What's more? Get your Malaysia visa online in 5 to 6 working days. When all your travel hassles are managed by us, great holidays are a guarantee.
Types of Malaysia Visa
30 Days Tourist E-Visa
- Apply Online
- Single entry
- Consulate fees
- Service charges
- All taxes
- It is advisable to apply for a Malaysia e-visa 30 days before the travel date
- Malaysia online visa will be processed only for Indian passport holders that are travelling from India
- Visa validity is 30 days.
- Processing time for Malaysia E-visa is 5 to 6 working days except for Saturday and Sunday and other public holidays including (Indian holidays).
Malaysia Visa Online Application Process
- Apply & Pay Online
- Share your documents or WhatsApp us on +91 99 2020 4596
- Get your visa
Documents required for Malaysia visa online application
- Scanned colour copy of the first and last page of your passport
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of return in India, with a minimum of two blank pages
- Confirmed return air tickets
- Scanned colour copy of your passport-size photograph taken against a white background without specs and sunglasses
- Confirmation of hotel booking mentioning the details of travel, details of the traveller, and contact details of the hotel
- Scanned copy of your Covid-19 certificate with both doses
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions for the last month (Consulate may ask for it)
If the applicant is a minor (Below 18)
- Scanned colour copy of the birth certificate
- See how your Malaysia Visa will look like!
- A scanned copy of your documents should be in .jpeg format.
- If the applicant's place of collection of documents is within Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 500 will be applicable. If the applicant's place for dropping off documents is other than Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 700 will be applicable on Malaysia tourist visa fees.
FAQ on Malaysia Visa Application
- How do Indian Citizens apply for a Malaysia Visa?
Indian Citizens can apply for a Malaysia eNTRI or a Malaysia eVisa. One more option is to submit the documents via the Malaysia visa application centers in India. For a faster process and submission of fewer documents, it is advisable to apply for a Malaysia eNTRI or Malaysia eVisa.
- What is a Malaysia eVisa?
Online travel authorization for tourism purposes, issued by the Malaysian government is known as Malaysia eVisa.
- What is the validity for a Malaysia eVisa? Can it be extended?
The validity for a Malaysia eVisa is 90 days. The eVisa holder can stay up to a maximum period of 30 days for every visit in the country; Malaysia eVisa cannot be extended.
- How many days does it take to process a Malaysia eVisa?
After the application process is complete and all the required documents have been submitted, it usually takes 4 to 5 working days to process your Malaysia eVisa.
- What is a Malaysia eNTRI?
In order to facilitate tourism, the Government of Malaysia has provided an online registration facility to Indian nationals under the Visa Waiver Program which is called Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI). The visitor has to register online; an eNTRI Note will be issued as proof of the registration which needs to be presented upon arrival in Malaysia.
- What are the documents required to apply for a Malaysia eNTRI visa?
1) Confirmed air tickets (onward & return)
2) Scanned colour copy of the first and the last page of your passport
3) Passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel
4) 1 scanned colour passport-size photographs taken against a white background with matte-finish (Photo specifications)
5) Email-id of the applicants
- What is the validity of a Malaysia eNTRI?
The validity of a Malaysia eNTRI is 90 days from the date of issue. It is valid for a single entry journey into the country for a stay of up to a maximum period of 15 days.
- How is a Malaysia eNTRI different from a Malaysia eVisa?
With a Malaysia eNTRI, you can stay in the country for a maximum period of 15 days. Whereas, if you have a Malaysia eVisa, you can stay for a period of up to 30 days with multiple entries. Hence, if you plan to stay for more than 15 days, you will have to apply for a Malaysia eVisa and not a Malaysia eNTRI.
- What are the documents required for entering Malaysia?
1) A valid passport
2) Malaysia eVisa/eNTRI Note
3) Boarding pass
4) Confirmed air tickets (onward & return)
5) Sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Malaysia (Cash/Credit Cards/ATM Cards)
6) Complete travel itinerary
7) Proof of accommodation (hotel bookings etc.)
- Does Malaysia eNTRI/ Malaysia eVisa guarantee entry into the nation?
No, the Malaysia eNTRI/ Malaysia eVisa does not guarantee entry into Malaysia. It is solely at the discretion of the Malaysian Immigration Officer. On arrival, your documents will be inspected by the Immigration Officer who will then approve your entry into the country.
- How can I apply for a Malaysia online visa for Indians?
Indian citizens travelling to Malaysia for tourism purposes can apply for a Malaysia visa online or get the assistance of our visa experts. To enter Malaysia, a single-entry Malaysia visa is valid for 30 days.
- What should be my passport validity for obtaining a Malaysia visa?
To apply for a Malaysia visa, Indian citizens require a passport with 6 months validity.
- Can I get a Malaysia visa on arrival?
No, Malaysia does have the ‘visa on arrival’ facility for Indians. Indian citizens need obtain a Malaysia vis online before entering the country.
- Does Malaysia visa application process require biometrics?
No, Indian citizens do not require biometrics for getting their Malaysia visa processed.
- What are the visa charges for Malaysia?
Malaysia visa online can be obtained at a nominal fee of just Rs 3,799
- How to apply for Malaysia visa online?
To apply for your Malaysia visa online (add link), make the payment online, share your documents and the visa will be processed and delivered to you in just 5 - 6 working days.
- How many days prior to the date of my travel can I apply for a Malaysia Visa?
You can apply for your Malaysia visa one-month prior to your date of travel.
- Do I need a Malaysia visa if I have a valid US visa?
Yes. All Indian passport need to obtain a Malaysia visa before travelling, even if they have a valid US or UK visa.
- What if I do not receive my Malaysia visa on time?
If there is a delay in receiving your Malaysia visa; reach out to our visa experts who will give you the update on the status of your visa application.
- How can I obtain Malaysia Business visa?
Indians citizens travelling to Malaysia for business, can apply for a business visa. The documents required for an Malaysia business visa are: valid passport with a minimum of 6 months of validity; visa application form duly filled and signed; passport-size photographs; confirmed air tickets; cover letter from the organization on letterhead stating the purpose of visit and duration of stay; invitation letter from business partners in Malaysia; proof of stay. Additional documents may be required as per the Consulate’s discretion.
- Consulate may ask for any other additional documents such as hotel bookings & residential proof.
- Visa approval lies solely at the discretion of the Consulate. Visa can be applied one month prior to the travel.
Malaysia Visa Video
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's why Musafir.com is the best choice for Malaysia visa requirements.
Things to know
- Malaysia Facts and Figures
• Location: Southeast Asia
• Capital: Kuala Lumpur
• Time: GMT (+) 8 hours
• Languages Spoken: Malay and English
• Area: 330,803 sq kms
• Population: 3.16 crores
• National day: 31 August
• Currency: Ringgit
• Main Airline: Malaysia Airlines
- Places to visit in Malaysia
• Petronas Towers
• Batu caves
• Mount Kinabalu
• Resorts World Genting
• Rendang Island
• Bulkit Bintang
• Sipadan Island
• Langkawi island
• Penang Hill
- Best time to visit Malaysia
Malaysia is an all-round destination. However, it is best experienced from December and February. June to August are the best months to visit the Malaysian islands.
- Currency to carry in Malaysia
Non-residents are permitted to carry not more than USD 10,000 equivalent currency per person.
- Important Instructions for your Malaysia Visa
• All Indian passport holders visiting Malaysia are required to obtain a Malaysia e-visa before travelling.
• The applicant’s passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of his entry in Malaysia
• Overstay cases in Malaysia face legal actions as per the immigration laws
- Malaysia Emergency Numbers
• Malaysia Police - 999
• Ambulance - 112
- Travel rules to follow in Malaysia
• Malaysia follows the Islamic laws
• While visiting a place of worship, cover your head and dress conventionally
• Possession of controlled substances will be heavily fined.
- Malaysia Tour Packages
Check out our 3 Nights / 4 Days Majestic Malaysia package
Why choose Musafir.com for your Malaysia visa?
- Malaysia visa starting from Rs 3,799
- Get your Malaysia visa in just 5 - 6 working days
- Apply for online visa from the comfort of your home
- Trusted visa agent with more than 12 years of experience in processing more than 1 million visas
- End-to-end visa solutions provided
- Visa application supervised and processed by visa experts
- Highest chances of visa approval with Musafir expertise
- Transparency and hassle-free experience guaranteed
Malaysia Diplomatic Representation
- Consulate Contact Details
Consulate General of Malaysia - Mumbai
5th Floor, Notan Classic Building,
24th Road, Off Turner Road,
Phone: 022 2645 5752
High Commission of Malaysia - New Delhi
50-M, Satya Marg,
Phone: 011 2415 9300
Consulate General of Malaysia - Chennai
No.7, (Old No.3),
1st Street, Teynampet,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600018
Phone: 044 2433 4434
Malaysia Visa Terms and Conditions
To know more, call our travel expert at 022 4164 2214 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a visa to visit a different country?
Musafir.com - Customer Reviews
I had an excellent experience with the visa service provided by musafir.com for my Malaysia trip. The application process was smooth, and the team at musafir.com was responsive to my queries. I received my visa on time without any complications. Highly recommended!
Recently used the visa service from musafir.com for my Malaysia visit, and I must say it was a hassle-free experience. The website of musafir.com was user-friendly, and the customer support team was helpful throughout the process. My visa was processed quickly, and I'm grateful for musafir.com's efficient service.
Schengen Visa | UK Visa | Dubai Visa | Dubai Visa Online | Qatar Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Malaysia eNTRI Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | Thailand Visa | Australia Visa | France Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Bahrain Visa | China Visa | Oman Visa | Philippines Visa | Canada Visa | United States Visa | New Zealand Visa | Italy Visa
Visa Eligibility: Dubai Visa Eligibilty | Schengen Visa Eligibilty | Singapore Visa Eligibilty | UK Visa Eligibilty | US Visa Eligibilty | Malaysia Visa Eligibilty
Visa Documents: New Zeland Visa Documents | Canada Visa Documents | Schengen Visa Documents | Australia Visa Documents | Turkey Visa Documents | Italy Visa Documents
Visa Rules and Regulations: Malaysia Visa Policies | Dubai Visa Policies | Canada Visa Policies | China Visa Policies | Philippines Visa Policies
Dubai Tour Packages |
Singapore Tour Packages |
Thailand Tour Packages