Thailand is one of the most popular holiday destinations with regards to Indian tourists, for the simple reason that the journey is comparatively short and the vacation is quite affordable for one and all. This calls for numerous applications for Thailand Visa from Indian residents.
In order to obtain the visa, there are two distinct ways. The first way is to get it through the Thai Consulate (Embassy) in your country. This can be done by sending in an application complete with the designated Visa form.
Requirements for Thailand Visa
One can also get the Visa stamped on the passport, on arrival at the port in Thailand. However, in case of Visa on arrival, the visitor to Thailand must meet the following requirements -
- He/ she must be visiting Thailand strictly for the purpose of Tourism.
- The passport held by the visitor must be genuine in all respects.
- The passport must be valid for a minimum of 30 days from the date of arrival.
- The passport must have at least one blank page for the visa to be stamped.
- The visit must not exceed the stipulated time period of 15 days.
- The visitor must possess a confirmed return ticket for exiting the country within 15 days from the date of arrival. In this regard, open tickets are not acceptable. Also, travelling out of Thailand via land transportation such as by train, bus, etc. to Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, etc.does not qualify as proof of exiting Thailand. If the requisite flight tickets for exiting Thailand is not presented the visitor would most likely be refused entry.
- The visitor must have a valid address for stay in Thailand, either of a hotel or that of an apartment. The given address same must be verifiable in order for the visa to be granted.
- A sum of 1,000 THB is required to be paid as the Visa Processing Fee, in cash (acceptable only in Thai Currency).
- The visitor must prove that he/she holds funds worth 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family in order to bear the
- ln order for the Visa to be processed, the tourist also needs to submit two recent passport sized photographs in colour. The photographs should not be more than 3 months old.
While a visitor only requires fulfilling the above-mentioned formalities, the right to grant a visa is reserved with the consular officer. The officer may demand additional documents in order to make a call with respect to whether or not a visitor must be granted the Visa. It is therefore recommended that the visitor must appear before the officer with all the documents that might be required.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Thailand Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.