Applying for the passport on both online and offline media is not a daunting task anymore. This page covers everything that you should know about before applying for the passport.
NOTE - We are currently providing passport assistance/service for Mumbai-based issuance only.
Mandatory Documents Required For Submission
For the general passport of different categories, you are required to collect following documents as the address proof -
- Rental agreement if staying in a rented house
- Passport of the spouse in case you are married
- Water bill, addressing to your current location
- Certificate from employer on letterhead with company seal and signature
- Aadhaar card
- Income Tax Assessment order
- Phone bill with current address
- Gas connection
- Election ID card with the current, permanent or temporary address
- Bank passbook
- Parents’ passport if they have
- Electricity bill with current address
For age proof, the applicant is required to submit following documents as the proof -
- School leaving certificate or Secondary school leaving certificate
- Birth certificate issued from the municipal officials or any other official authorization that is permitted to issue the birth certificate
- Certificate sworn before a magistrate
How To Apply For A Fresh Passport
Login Process -
- First step is to apply for the application process on the government portal of Passport Seva Kendra. Remember this is only for the first time users.
- To apply, create an account to generate the ID and password in order to proceed for the passport application.
- Click on ‘register now’ and soon you will be directed to the registration page where you will be requested to provide personal details. Filling all the blanks marked with the asterix are mandatory.
- Fill all the details, proceed for the login Id, and generate a password for next time use.
- Provide a hint question in case you have forgotten your password to restore it once again.
- If you are an existing user, simply login with your ID and password that was allotted to you after you had applied as first time user.
Choose Application Type -
After you have logged in to the account, choose the application type, out of the options
- Fresh passport or passport reissue
- Diplomatic passport or official passport