All You Need to Know About Web Check-In With IndiGo
Essentially a low-cost airline, IndiGo has emerged as the largest player in the Indian Aviation Industry. Boasting of a market share of a whopping 30 percent, the airline operates over 500 flights per day. Given the astounding frequency that the airline offers between popular destinations, not to mention its seasonal offers and discounts, one can expect to find a long queue for check-in at the airport.
However, as a way to ensure that its passengers do not have to go through the trouble of awaiting their turn for getting the boarding pass issued, IndiGo has introduced its online check-in services.
About The Service
IndiGo Web Check-In facility is meant for anyone with a confirmed reservation of one of IndiGo’s numerous domestic flights. Any passenger willing to avail this service can do so anywhere between 48 to 2 hours, prior to the departure of the flight. All that the passenger needs to do is visit the official website of the airline. The passenger will need to key in his flight details, along with the booking reference ID. That being done, he will be prompted to choose the preferred seats, after which the boarding pass will be issued. The pass can either be printed immediately or sent to one’s mail, to be printed later.
With IndiGo, a passenger can cancel his/her tickets, even after the use of web check-in services. In this case, the flyer is required to call the IndiGo customer care, at least two hours prior to the departure of the flight.
What You Should Know
- For domestic flyers who have used the online check-in service of IndiGo, it is mandatory to carry the print out of the issued boarding pass.
- IndiGo Web Check In service is not available for passengers travelling internationally.
- If you’ve completed the web check-in formalities, IndiGo baggage allowance rules allow you to drop your check-in luggage, if any, at the designated area and head straight to the security counter.
- In case you have no check-in bags, you can simply head out for the security check and board your flight.
- Flyers such as pregnant women, unaccompanied minors and senior citizens, who need special service requirements, do not qualify to use this service.
- Travellers who use the web check-in services are required to reach the airport at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.