Sri Lanka, an island country, abundant in wildlife, adorned by beautiful beaches, and tropical forests with diverse landscapes, defines an ideal package that one would go for. It being difficult to ignore this beautiful Island, you would need a visa to get there right? So here’s how you can get your Sri Lanka visa in few simple steps.
1. You can avail a Sri Lanka tourist visa that allows a stay for 30 days.
2. The standard rule remains the same, your passport should be valid for 6 months from the date of entry in Sri Lanka.
3. It is mandatory to attach your old passport, if you have any, with the visa applicaton form.
4. You will need to attach a copy of your confirmed return air ticket with the tour itinerary, your original passport, and the Sri Lanka application form duly filled and signed.
5. You will need to attach 2 passport sized photographs against a white background with a matte finish. Please note, the photograph should not be more than 3 months old and the dimensions for the photo should be 45x35mm, with your face covering 80% of the photo. One photograph has to be pasted on the Sri Lanka tourist visa form and signed across.
6. Make sure you have sufficient funds for the period of stay in Sri Lanka.
To get a Sri Lanka tourist visa online, follow these steps:
1. Download the Srilanka tourist visa form online and complete it with the required information and signature.
2. Make sure to check if your passport is valid for 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
3. You will have to attach a covering letter that explains the reason of your travel and the dates of your travel, addressed to The Embassy of Sri Lanka/ The Consulate General of Sri Lanka.
4. You will also need to attach a leave letter on your company’s letterhead.
5. Please ensure that all the documents are in English. If not, then the official translations of the documents should also be attached.
6. If you do not reside on the address mentioned in the passport, then do attach an address proof of your current residence.
7. If you are travelling to Sri Lanka for the first time, then you have to attach income tax papers of last 3 years along with the bank statements of last 3 months.
8. It is preferable to attach the confirmed bookings of your hotel in Sri Lanka.