If a tourist from India wishes to visit the country of Italy, he/she is required to first procure a visa, the details of which are discussed below -
In order to apply for Italy Visa, applicants need to furnish the following documents -
- 2 coloured passport-sized photographs with the complete face of the applicant taken against a light background.
- The Passport must hold a validity for at least a period of 3 months from the intended date of departure from Italy. The passport must contain at least 2 face-to-face blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Scanned copies of all the previous visas.
- Scanned copy of the confirmation of hotel reservation. If staying with the host, then the sponsorship certificate with the Photo ID and address proof of the host is required.
- Scanned copy of the international medical insurance policy covering expenses of up to 30,000 euros.
- Scanned copy of confirmed return air tickets.
- The original cover letter signed by the applicant stating the purpose of travel and the duration of stay.
- Proof of sufficient funds to bear the cost of living and other expenses, during the stay in Italy.
- Proof of civil status -
Birth Certificate (for applicants below the age of 18)
Marriage Certificate (If applicable)
Death Certificate of Spouse (If applicable)
If the applicant is employed, he/she must also provide the following documents -
- Contract of Employment
- Bank statements for the past 6 months
- Sanctioned leave from the employer
- Income Tax Returns Form or Certificate of Income Tax Deduction.
If the applicant is self-employed, he/she must also provide the following documents -
- Scanned copy of the business registration/licence
- Bank statement of the business/organisation for the last 6 months.
- Income Tax Returns
If the applicant is a student, he/she must also provide the following documents -
- Proof of enrollment in a school/university
- NOC from the school/university for the travel
If the applicant is retired, he/she must also provide the following documents -
- Pension statement of the last 6 months
The process for application of Italy Visa involves the following steps -
- The Visa application form must first be downloaded from here
- That being done, the form must be completely filled.
- Next, the documents mentioned above must be put together.
- Then an appointment must be fixed with the Visa Application Centre which can be either done online or via telephone through the dedicated call centre. Please note that each applicant will need a separate appointment.
- For the interview, the duly filled application form along with all the supporting documents should be carried.
- Once the interview is over, the applicant can easily track the visa application via one of the following means -
- Online tracking
- Call centre
Once the visa is processed, the applicant can either choose to collect the documents or can choose to get it couriered at the time of submission.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Apply for your Italy Tourist visa
Have queries related to your Italy visa?
Look no further! Musafir.com provides Italy visa assistance in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow etc.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Italy Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.