Like in the case of almost all international destinations, Indian citizens need to obtain a visa before visiting the European dream destination, France. Let us understand the intricacies of obtaining the same.
In the usual case, when a tourist wishes to visit his/her friends or relatives in France, or simply wants to visit the country for the purpose of travelling, the visa offered avails a stay of up to 90 days. The documents that need to be furnished for the same are as follows:
- The duly filled and signed Visa Application Form
- 2 recent colour passport-sized photographs taken against a white background.
- Original passport which holds valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in France. The passport must contain at least 2 face-to-face blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Two Scanned copies of the biographical pages of the passport.
- Scanned copies of previously issued visas, especially US, UK and Schengen Visa
- The original cover letter signed by the applicant stating the purpose of travel, the duration of stay. If the applicant is self-employed, the same is required in the company’s letterhead.
- Scanned copy of the confirmation of hotel reservation. If staying with the host, then the sponsorship certificate is required along with a Photo ID and address proof of the host.
- Scanned copy of the tour itinerary as offered by the travel agency (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of income tax returns for the past three years
- Scanned copy of banks statements of the past 3 months, for self-employed applicants and scanned copy of past 3 salary slips in case of employed applicants.
- Scanned copy of the international medical insurance policy, covering expenses of up to 30,000 euros.
- Scanned copy of confirmed return air tickets.
- Scanned copy of the birth certificate in case of children below the age of 18 years.
Once the application form is filled and the documents are arranged, the applicant is required to book an appointment at the Joint Schengen Visa Application Centre.
The applicant needs to visit the application centre with all the documents as mentioned above on the date of the appointment, preferably 15 to 30 minutes prior to appointment time.
At the centre, a short interview will be conducted to know the applicant’s intent behind travelling, as well as his/her financial stability.
Next, the Biometric fingerprint data of the applicant will be collected, along with a digital photograph.
Points to Remember
France visa cannot be extended beyond 90 days after it is issued.
In case, the applicant has a valid Schengen visa he/she can use the same to visit France.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Apply for your France Tourist Visa with us.
Have queries related to your France visa?
Look no further! Musafir.com provides France visa assistance in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow etc.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for France Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.