Indian citizens are required to procure a visa in order to gain the rights of entry into another nation. The same holds true for Singapore. Let us understand in detail, the procedure to apply for a Singapore Visa and the prerequisites for the same!
In order to successfully file an application for the Singapore Visa, an applicant needs to submit the following documents -
- A duly filled and signed Singapore Visa Application Form (14A)
- Two recent passport-sized coloured photographs taken against a white background.
- Original passport which stands valid for a period of at least 6 months from the date of entry in Singapore.
- Copy of confirmed return air-tickets
- Copy of the confirmed hotel booking with the applicant’s name and dates of the stay>
- Letter from employer or sponsor/NOC (if applicable)
- Letter of Introduction (LOI – Form V39A)
When it comes to the procedure for filing the application, one can either choose to do it online or do the same via a paper visa application form. We will discuss both the processes here.
Online Visa Application
In case the applicant wishes to apply online, he/she must follow the instructions by Singapore Embassy. Once the form is duly filled, the applicant will be required to make an online payment which can be easily done using a credit or debit card or even via eNets.
Paper Visa Application
For the traditional way of form filling, the process is as follows -
- The Singapore Visa Application Form (Form 14A) must either be downloaded online or should be obtained from any of the Singapore overseas missions.
- The form must be filled and must be completed in all aspects. In addition, it must be duly signed.
- All the documents mentioned above must be accumulated along with the Visa Application Fee.
- The visa application form along with the fee and the supporting documents must be submitted at the Singapore Embassy or Consulate or at the nearest Visa Application Centre. This can be done in person or via an agency.
- Once the visa is processed, the applicant can either collect his/her passport personally or get the same couriered on their doorstep.
Points to remember
- For applicants holding an old passport, it is highly recommended to submit the same with the Visa Application as a supporting document.
- Once issued, the Singapore tourist visa should hold a validity for a period of 2 years from the date of issue.
- Indian citizens are allowed a maximum stay of 30 days at a stretch in Singapore.
- Before applying for the visa and entering the nation, it must be taken care that the passport held by the applicant is valid for at least six months from the intended date of arrival in Singapore.
- Singapore tourist visa is essentially a multi-entry visa and it allows the applicant to travel to and fro the country as many times as he/she likes within the validity period.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Apply for your Singapore Tourist Visa
Have queries related to your Singapore visa?
Look no further! Musafir.com provides Singapore visa assistance in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow etc.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Singapore Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.