Like in the case of almost all international destinations, Indian Citizens are required to acquire an Australian Visa, before they can set foot in this magnificent island nation. Let us discuss in detail, the prerequisites as well as the procedure to procure this visa.
Here is the list of documents that you need to put in order while applying for Australia Tourist Visa.
- A filled application form.
- Original Passport which holds a validity for a period of atleast 6 months from the intended date of travel.
- Old and cancelled passports if any.
- Certified scanned copies of the biographical pages of the passport.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs, not older than 6 months. It should not be used before anywhere.
- Certified scanned copies of birth certificate
- Evidence of sufficient funds such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit, complete with the seal and sign of the Bank Authorities.
- Income Tax Papers reflecting the returns for the past 3 years.
- If employed, the sanctioned leave letter (in original) from the employer, addressed to Australia High Commission, New Delhi.
- The itinerary of your stay in Australia, with complete proof of hotel reservation with the dates and applicant’s name mentioned clearly.
- The documents suggesting information that you have an incentive and authority to return to your home country such as -
- A letter from your employer stating that your intention is to return back to your job
- Evidence of enrolment at a school, college or university in your home country
- Evidence of family members in your home country
- Evidence of your visa or residence status of your home country and your right to return
- Evidence of property or other significant assets owned in your home country.
- Handwritten cover letter, complete with the travel details as well as the details of the expenses, addressed to the Australia High Commission, New Delhi.
- Proof of occupation and/or salary slip of the last 3 months.
Given that the requirement of documents for Australia Visa is extremely extensive, it is highly recommended that you get the visa processed through the expert assistance of Musafir.com. Our representative will make the assortment, collection and deposit of documents extremely easy for you.
In case you wish to apply for the Tourist Visitor Visa for Australia by yourself, you are required to fill in the Form 1419 and submit the same along with the visa application fee. Kindly note that the visa application fee is charged per person.
However, if you choose to through Musafir.com, you’ll be required to fill in Form 956, thus authorising our representative to receive all communication regarding your visa application.
Points to Remember
- The ETA i.e. Electronic Travel Authority service for Australia Visa is not available for Indian Passport holders.
- It takes nearly 16-20 days for the processing of Australia Visa.
- Once issued, the visa stands valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue.
Apply for you Australia Visa with us.
Have queries related to your Australia visa?
Look no further! Musafir.com provides Australia visa assistance in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow etc.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Visa Services provided by Musafir