As it is in the case of another country, Indian Citizens need a valid visa to enter the highly sought-after holiday destination, Thailand! Let us understand the intricacies of obtaining a Thailand Visa.
The following documents are required for an Indian passport holder to apply for the Thailand visa.
- A duly filled in and signed Visa Application Form
- Original Passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand
- Scanned copies of confirmed return tickets
- Scanned copy of the itinerary of the trip
- 3 recent passport-sized coloured photographs
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit
- A proof of employment
- Proof of financial expenses while in Thailand (Per person- 20,000 Baht, Per family - 40,000 Baht)
- Banks statements for the last six months with an attestation by a bank official. The account must reflect a minimum balance of INR 45,000.
- Scanned copy of International Credit Card
- Proof of hotel reservation with the name of the applicant, dates of stay as well as the contact details of the hotel.
Here is what an applicant need to do in order to apply for the Thailand Visa Online.
- Fill in the visa application form available online.
- Take a print out of the completed application form, complete with the barcode sheet generated at the end of the application process.
- Submit the Visa Application Form as well as the Barcode Sheet in addition to all the supporting documents to the Thailand Visa Application Centre. If submitting the application in South India, the applicant is required to submit two application forms each signed separately.
Points to Remember
- All mandatory fields in the Visa Application Form should be filled in without fail.
- The completed form should necessarily be printed along with the barcode sheet.
- The application form must be duly signed.
- Indian citizens can also opt for the Visa on Arrival service. The process usually consumes 3 to 6 hours at the arrival airport in Thailand and in some cases it might prove to be cumbersome.
- Once the application is submitted along with the visa fee, it cannot be cancelled.
- The Visa Fee may change without any prior notice.
- The validity of a Thailand tourist visa ranges from 3 months to 6 months. This usually depends on the number of entries that the applicant makes via land or through air. In case the applicant visits Thailand via an International Airport, there are chances that he/she will be granted a visa of 30 or 60-days.
- In case a tourist wishes, his/her tourist visa can be extended. This can be done by filing an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau located at Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 287-3101-10.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Apply for your Thailand Tourist Vis
a with us.
Have queries related to your Thailand visa?
Look no further! Musafir.com provides Thailand visa assistance in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow etc.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Thailand Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.