For any Indian Citizen who is willing to take a pleasure trip to Europe obtaining the Schengen Visa is the key as it allows entry into a whopping number of 26 countries of the west. Given its importance, let us understand in detail the intricacies related to this Visa.
In order to obtain the much coveted Schengen Visa, an applicant needs to submit the following documents.
- A duly completed and signed Schengen Visa Application form.
- A recent passport-sized colour photograph.
- Original passport, which holds validity for at least 3 months from the intended date of departure. The passport must contain at least two blank pages.
- Scanned copies of confirmed return tickets.
- Scanned copies of confirmed hotel reservation.
- A medical insurance policy.
- Bank statements for the last 6 months.
- A cover letter stating both, the purpose of visit and the schedule of travelling.
- Income tax returns for the last 3 years.
- If employed, the letter of employment along with a reference letter duly signed by the employer.
- If self-employed, a proof of the legal entity complete with bank statements as well as tax returns.
Steps to Apply for Schengen Visa
The procedure to apply for Schengen Visa can be understood in the form of these simple steps.
Carefully fill in the Schengen Visa Application Form.
Attach photographs to the form as directed.
Arrange the required documents as stated above.
Book an appointment at the visa application centre as per your convenience
At the visa application centre, submit the application with the documents and pay the fees. You will also be required to give your biometrics.
After the submission of your application, you can track the status of the same online.
When the visa is processed, you can either collect the passport from the application centre in-person or chose to get it couriered to your address.
While the application process is simple, it is highly recommended for the applicant to seek expert assistance in order to enjoy a hassle-free experience. If you feel it to be worth, get in touch with Musafir.com and our trained professional will ensure that you will get your visa processed while sitting in the comfort of your own home/office.
Points to Remember
The applicant must download the latest Visa Application Form as it is the only one which is accepted by the immigration authorities.
The form can be filled in using handwriting or typing. However in any case, the applicant needs to duly sign the form at all the designated spaces. If the form is filled using handwriting it should be ideally done with black ink.
The applicant must ensure that no column is left blank. In case a column seems to be irrelevant, the term NA or No Answer must be typed or written in it.
In case the applicant is a minor, the form must be filled in and signed by the parents.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Apply for your Schengen tourist Visa
Have queries related to your Schengen visa?
Look no further! Musafir.com provides Schengen visa assistance in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow etc.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Schengen Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.