Comprising of Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales, the United Kingdom attracts travellers from across the globe. Historic cities, elegant mansions, breathtaking countryside and medieval castles make the UK an ideal destination to satiate your wanderlust. Sounds interesting, right? Then, get your UK visa and treat yourself to an unforgettable holiday.
There are four types of UK tourist visas you can apply for: 6 months tourist visa, 2 years tourist visa, 5 years tourist visa and 10 years tourist visa. Here are some useful guidelines and tips that will help you apply for your UK visa accurately, and avoid the risk of the application getting rejected.
1. Download the visa application form and fill the details correctly.
2. On the day of the appointment with the Consulate, submit your biometric information and the filled visa application form along with the supporting documents.
3. Once your visa is processed, it will be attached to your passport.
Documents required for UK visa
1. Your original passport (valid for a minimum of six months with two blank pages) along with copies of old passports if any.
2. Duly filled application form.
3. 5 recent photographs (45mm x 35mm photographs with 80% face coverage against a white background).
4. Covering letter signed by you mentioning details like name, designation, passport number, purpose and duration of visit.
5. If you are employed, then the covering letter should be on plain paper. If self-employed, the covering letter needs to be written on the company letter head.
6. Income tax returns for the last 3 years.
7. Bank statement reflecting transactions of the last 6 months, duly attested and signed by a bank official.
8. If you are self-employed, then submit your Company Registration Certificate or Certificate of Incorporation, income tax papers of the company for the last 3 years and bank statements of the company for the last 6 months, attested by a bank official.
9. If you are a working professional, then the salary slips for the last 3 months, and original leave letter from the employer.
10. Proof of investments - Mutual funds, fixed deposits, national saving certificates, stocks & shares etc.
1. If you are planning a short trip to the UK, then you must apply for a short-term visa of 6 months.
2. If you are able to prove that you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, then you must apply for a long-term visa that lasts for 2, 5 or 10 years. In such cases, you are allowed to stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
Schengen Visa | UK Visa | Dubai Visa | Dubai Visa Online | Qatar Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Malaysia eNTRI Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | Thailand Visa | Australia Visa | France Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Bahrain Visa | China Visa | Oman Visa | Philippines Visa | Canada Visa | United States Visa | New Zealand Visa | Italy Visa
Visa Eligibility: Dubai Visa Eligibilty | Schengen Visa Eligibilty | Singapore Visa Eligibilty | UK Visa Eligibilty | US Visa Eligibilty | Malaysia Visa Eligibilty
Visa Documents: New Zeland Visa Documents | Canada Visa Documents | Schengen Visa Documents | Australia Visa Documents | Turkey Visa Documents | Italy Visa Documents
Visa Rules and Regulations: Malaysia Visa Policies | Dubai Visa Policies | Canada Visa Policies | China Visa Policies | Philippines Visa Policies
Dubai Tour Packages |
Singapore Tour Packages |
Thailand Tour Packages