This beautiful country located in South Asia, sees hoards of tourists flocking towards it every year. Now with the option of Thailand visa available at the click of a button, travelling to Thailand has become easy. Going to this exotic location is now simple, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
1. Tourists can obtain a Thailand visa on arrival for a maximum period of 14 days at a minimum cost of 1000 Baths. If not visa on arrival, you can even apply for a tourist visa before entering the country, the validity of which can range for as far as 3 months.
2. One of the basic and the most important requirements, a prerequisite with all visa processes, your passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of entry into the country.
3. If you’re in possession of an old passport, remember to attach it with your visa form.
4. Remember to place two recent coloured passport sized photo of yours along with the visa form. These photos should not be more than 3 months old and must follow the necessary photo requirements in terms of size. The photo should be of dimension 45x35mm, with your face covering 80% of the photo.
5. You also need to provide a confirmation of your hotel bookings as well as your flight bookings, both to and from the destination.
6. Apart from all of this, it is necessary to have sufficient funds with you for the entire duration of your stay.
To get a Thailand Visa online, follow these simple steps:
1. Thailand visa form is available online. All you have to do is download it and fill it, complete with information and signature.
2. Before filling the form, make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand.
3. As a visa applicant, you will require a cover letter explaining the reason of travel and the dates and duration of your travel. This cover letter should be addressed to ‘The Embassy of Thailand’.
4. A leave letter from your company, on your company’s letterhead.
5. Make sure that all your important documents are in English. If not, then official translations of the documents have to be attached.
6. If the place of residence on the passport differs from your actual place of residence, then a residential proof copy needs to be attached.
7. If this is your first visit to Thailand, you need to attach income tax papers of the last three years and bank statements of the last three months.
8. It is advisable to attach the confirmed bookings of your hotel in Thailand.
Click to know more about Thailand visa terms & conditions.
Author : Sanjana Sule