If you are looking to travel to Malaysia any time in the near future, here is list of things that you must know while applying for a Business Visa to Malaysia. Unlike few other countries, obtaining a Business or Visitors Visa for Malaysia is extremely simple and hassle-free. However, to get your hands on a Valid Visa for the country, you will need to route your application through a travel agency/Visa processing agency that has been duly authorized by the Consulate General of Malaysia or so to say, the Malaysian Government. Below is a list of few important pointers that can help you sail through the Visa application process for Malaysia with ease:
Business Visa application process for Malaysia
- With effect from the 1st October, 2015, Indian Nationals can apply for Visa on arrival in Malaysia, provided they enter and exit the country through Singapore, Indonesia or Thailand and also pay a processing fee of $100. Further, such Visa will only be valid for 7 days of stay in Malaysia.
- In all other case, those willing to fly to Malaysia can apply for the Visa with reference or VTR beforehand at any of one of the authorized agencies.
- Nowadays, Malaysia does not issue Business Visa. However, those willing to travel for any business purposes that do not involve employment, can do so on a regular Tourist Visa.
- The Documents required in support of the Visa application for Malaysia include the following:
- Copy of a valid passport which contains at least three blank pages and a validity of more than six months from the date of arrival in Malaysia
- Three passport-sized photographs taken against a white background
- Confirmed return flight tickets with flight details
- Bank statement of at least three months
Barring the above, you may also need to submit additional documents depending on the requirements of individual application centers.
In addition to the above documents, travelers are also required to fill in a simple Visa application form which can be procured online or physically at any of the authorized application centers.
The charges for a multiple entry 12-month Visa fee for Indian Nationals travelling to Malaysia is Rs.1000. Further, travelers are required to pay an additional service charge that varies from agency to agency. With effect from 14 September, 2016, all applications that are logged in India will also be levied an additional OSC (One Stop Center charge) of Rs. 4,600. The entire fee for the Visa application is required to be paid by demand draft at any one of the chosen authorized centers.
The authorized Visa application centers for Malaysia are currently operating in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune and Ahmedabad.
On grant of a valid Visa, Travelers can enjoy their stay in Malaysia for a total period of 30 days for each entry.
It is advisable to apply for the Visa to Malaysia at least one month prior to the scheduled date of journey.
The standard turnaround time for obtaining the Malaysian Visa post application is 3 working days.
With the help of these key-pointers, procuring a Visa for your Malaysian travels is now an easy deal. Time to get packing for a hassle-free journey to the breathtaking lands of Malaysia!
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Sri Lanka Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.