If you are planning to visit Oman for business anytime in the near future, you will need to begin by applying for a business/visitor’s Visa for the country. While Visa requirements differ from country to country, the procedure for securing a Visa for Oman is simple, straight forward and hassle free. A visa application for Oman can be easily procured and completed with the help of few basic documents. Find below, a detailed note on the underlying process for receiving a Business Visa to Oman:
Process for Receiving a Business Visa to Oman
- To secure a Valid Visa for Oman, you will need to start off by filling in an online application form. A copy of the online form can be downloaded by creating a profile on the official website of the Royal Oman police ( www.rop.gov.om). Once a user profile is successfully created, one can login and download the available online application. The form once filled in, must be printed and submitted physically to the ROP Visa office.
- Unlike the regular procedure, since the form needs to be submitted physically and endorsed/sponsored by a local person, it is best to route the application via a family member/friend who is currently residing in Oman.
- If, however, you cannot find a local sponsor, you can book the trip entirely via a tour operator or make all your bookings on your own and rely on such an operator for a Visa Sponsorship.
- Along with the printed electronic form, your sponsor will also need to attach the following documents to your Visa Application:
The Visa application fees for a tourist//business Visa is 20 Omani Riyals. Further, in procuring the Visa via a tour operator, you will be required to pay an extra fee that varies from operator to operator.
The time taken for the Omani Visa to be approved ranges anywhere between 2-5 working days. On approval an e-visa copy will be mailed to you, which will suffice for your journey. However, do not forget to ensure that your Visa approver has submitted your Visa at the point of entry in Oman.
You can carry your e-visa along with the passport while flying. On landing, you can pick the original copy of your visa for immigration stamping and other formalities.
Generally, the validity of the Oman Visa lasts anywhere between three to six months from the date of issuance. In the alternative, you can also secure a Visa for a limited time duration of 10 days for a fees of 5 Omani Riyals.
However, in case of 3/6-month Visa, the applicant cannot stay for a period of more thirty days at once.
If the applicant continues to stay in country even after the expiry of the Visa, he/she will be liable to pay 10 Omani Riyals for each such day of default..
- Scanned copy of the first and last page of the passport
- Two passport size photographs in color.
- Details of your planned stay in the country
- Official ID and copy of the guarantor in Oman.
- Phone number and details of the guarantor in Oman
While, the Visa process in case of Oman may seem more complex as compared to other countries, it is in fact a stress- free procedure that can easily be completed with the help of a trusted tour operator or local sponsor. Time to get set for a fabulous business trip to Oman!
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Apply for your Oman Tourist Visa with us.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Oman Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.