Thailand is well-known among tourists as one of the best places for a vacation. Thailand offers varied opportunities for tourists to explore. At the same time, Thailand holds immense business potential as well. So, if you are considering about venturing in overseas business, you can consider business in Thailand as a feasible option.
Your business planning will encapsulate obtaining Thailand business visa as well. Let us explore the different types of Thailand business visa and the application procedure for obtaining visa.
If a person wishes to work in Thailand, he or she should apply for a nonimmigrant visa. The application can be submitted at the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulates-General. Nonimmigrant business visas are provided for different type of business and employment options. There are two types of Thailand business visa based on the validity and entries:
- Single-entry visa – This visa allows a single entry with 3-months validity. You have to pay 2000 Thai Baht for obtaining this visa.
- Multiple-entry visa – This visa allows multiple entries within a one year time period. This visa is available for 5,000 Thai Baht.
Different Types of Business Visa for Thailand
- Nonimmigrant Visa Category “B” (Business Visa)
This is the visa issued to persons who wish initiate business or work in Thailand. This is a broad category. There are more divisions under Category “B” visa. For initiating business or work in Thailand, you need some necessary documents such as:
- Letter of approval from the Thailand Ministry of Labour. For this, the employer should submit Form WP3 at the Department of Employment. The form should be complete in all aspects.
- The jobseeker should provide the copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour.
- Besides these, the company that employs the applicant should submit corporate documents such as business license, company profile, shareholders list, balance sheet, VAT registration, etc.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Category “B-A” – If a person wish to invest in a company or conduct business with a company, he or she needs to obtain this visa. The company, that will form an association with the applicant, should apply for this visa on behalf of the client. This Thailand business visa will be valid for one year from the date of arrival in Thailand.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Category “IB” – This visa is issued to persons who are employed in investment projects in Thailand. These investment projects operate under Board of Investment, Thailand. The main purpose of these projects is to boost the revenue generation and at the same time, contributing towards society as well.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Category “B” - The persons who wish to pursue teaching profession in Thailand, they can apply for this type of visa. However, they are entitled to apply for institutions below university level. They have to undergo stringent verification process for this business visa. They should provide letter of acceptance, educational qualifications proof, police verification report, and letter of approval from the concerned government body.
These were the different types of Thailand business visa. You can analyze your requirements and apply accordingly. Remember, you should possess all the necessary documents before you apply for the business visa.
Note - We do not provide Business or Work visa.
Visa Services provided by Musafir
Why choose Musafir for Sri Lanka Visa
Musafir.com has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free. Here's a quick walk-through of the visa application process.